A logo with electrical sparks. Rendered with cycles.
The sample image is done with a font 'Earth normal' from neatfonts.com (not included in the blend file).
How to change the text:
1) Remove the object 'logo.001' (This is mesh used as an emitter for the sparks).
2) Edit the text in the logo-object.
3) Copy the logo object.
4) Edit the text-properties on the copy. Change fill to 'none', and bevel-depth to 0.
5) Convert the copy to a mesh (Alt-c), and scale it down a little on the z-axis.
6) Add particle-system to the copy, and select the particle-settings called 'electricity'.
The scene uses 2 renderlayers, one for the forground (logo), and one for the background (stars and globe), using the corresponding view-layers. These are combined in the compositor, with some additional effects.
View-layer 3 is used for the supporting objects (sparks, stars etc.)