Just a little project I made to not run my PC for nothing while I'm surfing ;)
In the beginning of the project I wanted to copy this: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4330
So it was more for practising as real creative work.
The modeling took maybe 1-2 hours, the rendereing unfortunately more than two weeks. Without the help from B.Y.O.B. (known in Luxrender forum and the german Blenderforum blendpolis.org) it would have taken more than a month :/
This scene include one texture from Cgtextures, so I made a .xcf file where you simply have to insert the file from Cgtextures (more information in the folder). Thats also the reason why I can't pack the textures in .blend. They are linked relative.
As you can read, Gimp is recommended to make the texture by your own! http://www.gimp.org/
The image is rendered in Luxrender 0.8. I believe Luxrender is in actual Blenderbuilds included, you have just to activate the addon under User Preferences. I've rendered it in the double Res in order to avoid Noise and AA.
Render in higher resolution can be found on my Deviantartpage:
I hope I haven't forgotten something, I'm sorry for my bad english and finally enjoy the Scene ;)