Karosa C734, Czech bus, and I fell in love with it. So I made it for fun. (Preview video)
Fan art reference
Fairly detailed model, but nothing high-poly. It can be viewed real-time with no subsurf modifiers still offering good amount of detail. Even possible to use in games, as all the textures are baked.
- 23 separate textures
- ~27000 tris, ~14000 faces
- Fully colorable (change the colors of the Paint_Color and Seat_Color materials)
- Ready to be painted (use the TexPaint texture to paint on the bus, the texture slots are disabled by default on both Paint_White and Paint_Color)
USING THE RIG:
- Using the rig requires certain level of knowledge of Blender.
The rig is intended for use on FLAT SURFACES. It is possible to work with slight height differences, as I showed in my animation. However the physics usually go crazy, and then it requires lots of hand animation and troubleshooting. Use the rig on uneven/bumpy surfaces only at your own risk.
Edit the "Path" curve to represent the path you want the vehicle to take
- Make sure your ground plane is a passive rigid body.
- Make sure that the path never goes below the ground.
- Animate the path Evaluation time
- Bake Rigid body physics
- Animate the bus tilting by animating the "Armature" bones
- The "Armature" has 3 custom properties. 2 for animating the doors, and one for the wheels' rotation speed called Wheel_Speed. Wheel_Speed is a constant. It's dependent on the path's lenght, so it'll be different for every animation. You'll need to tweak it so that the wheels' rotation corresponds to the distance they travel.