Blend Swap was initiated by Matthew Muldoon on December 3, 2009, and has since been converted into a LLC. in the U.S.
Blend Swap was developed at Poifox, a one-man Web-Dev studio based in Costa Rica, where Jonathan Acosta spends his days writing code.
Blend Swap is a big place and consists of tons of parts brought together so the site works across different Operative Systems and modern Web Browsers.
Blend swap is built upon lots of different technologies, most of them released under the MIT License, and others in the Public Domain for free use and adaptation.
- CakePHP: a fast, solid, PHP framework, for building high demand Web applications.
- Handlebars: A cool js-based HTML templating tool.
- Prism: a really cool looking code highlighter by Lea Verou.
- SASS: The most powerful CSS3 preprocessor.
- PHP PayPal IPN: A fast and secure bridge for PayPal payments.
- ReCAPTCHA: the standard captcha that also helps transcribing books!
- PHP Markdown Extra: a cool markdown parser.
- Markdown-js: A fast implementation of in-browser Markdown parsing.
- Lightbox 2: a free, good looking Lightbox for our Lightboxed images.
- Raphaël: An awesome js lib for creating svg graphics.
- Morris.js: The coolest dataset plotting engine.
- Gnome Icons: by the Jones Lee
Last updated on November 14, 2013, @ 10:11 am (America/Chicago)